Hey, I’m not trying to have the “Throwback Video of the Day” like every other site. But I just happened upon this old classic, Knocking the Boots, by H-Town.
I mean, the song is just so terrible that it ends up being great in so many different ways. Here are a few observations that just came to mind:
- Uncle Luke‘s stated definition of “knocking the boots”: “Knockin da bootz iz when two bootz come together making tasteful lust, hence, ergo, etc. etc. also known azz makin’ goo- love”
- The pre-historic video hizzo lighting up the candles (remember when you used to do that, lol) with a damn blow torch
- The stomp girate, stomp girate dance moves in the back by those Devante/Mr. Davin wanna bees
- The high top fade/high top slope (which incidentally was out of style by the time of this song came out)
- The non-fitted backwards hat piece, just hangin on for dear life on that fool’s dome piece as he speaks out his corny prologue
I mean, the list goes on and on… It’s all just so classic. I don’t especially remember actually knocking bootz to this song as it was probably a bubble song on my freakdown mega mixtape, but I’m sure it didn’t hurt. Who am I kidding? I musta hit to this song at least once. Ok, nostalgia over..
Oh and don’t forget that this song was made into “Knockin da boots for Christmas”…literally. That will make our “worst Christmas songs ever” list come December. Stay tuned.